You have the option to configure EX6110 on your existing network through manual or WPS method. You need to visit www.mywifiext.net website. From here you will find Netgear EX6110 range extender in the list. Click on it. If your device has support for WPS, then you can configure it through WPS method. If your range extender supports WEP, then you can’t configure through WPS. You have to follow the steps for the same.
The steps we are going to discuss are classified under manual method. So, you can follow this approach without any problem. If you find any problem in understanding anything, then you can contact my Wi-Fi support.
Manual method to configure Wi-Fi range extender: To configure Netgear EX 6110 range extender, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Put the router and the extender in the same room.
- Turn on the device and let the LED of both the devices get stable or green.
- Check for available updates if any for your extender. If you find any update available for your range extender, you can download it at once.
- Check for available Wi-Fi network on a laptop or computer and on any other device to which the network is connected.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list of connections.
- Once you are connected with the network, open web browser.
- You will be directed to mywifiext.net page.
- If your browser is not directing automatically to the setup page, then you need to enter the address manually.
- You will find the setup page. Follow on-screen instructions to create a Netgear account.
- Once the account gets created, you can now connect the device to the network you want.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password for your network. It should be the same as the one you entered in your phone or laptop for it.
WPS method to connect EX6110
WPS or simply known by Wi-Fi protected setup is a technique used to connect to the extender using Wi-Fi technology. The first and the foremost requirement is the WPS button on the router and extender. Both will get connected automatically after this.
- After installing an extender in this manner, you will find that the lights on both the devices will blink for a few While installing the extender, you must place the extender and the router in the same room or at a close distance to each other. If you find any problem in connecting the extender to any device, then you can contact wireless extender support.
The router itself will provide the settings to the extender automatically. Now, everything is configured successfully. You can put your home Wi-Fi extender anywhere in your home. To change any settings in future, you have to go to the official page of extender again and enter your login details. You can enjoy internet streaming without any problem.
This is all about the setup process. In case of any clarification or assistance, you can contact support executives. They are available 24×7 for help.