Before starting with the troubleshooting tips, we would like to ask some questions so that we can guide according to the issues prevalent on Belkin range extender.
If you find that the Belkin extender is not at all working with the router, then you must read this post. We assure you that you will get success after implementing the steps mentioned below. For more information related to setup or troubleshooting of Belkin router, you can contact Belkin support.
Now, we are going to discuss common problems first and accordingly, we are going to provide the solutions. You first diagnose the problem then troubleshoot it accordingly.
- Belkin Extender not connecting to the Router or orange light blinking on it.
- The range extender is not accepting any password and says no internet connection available.
- You want to know the easy steps to reset the Belkin range extender.
Try the below-mentioned steps to troubleshoot the problems cited above. You must read the steps till last for concrete solutions.
- Restart the network devices like modem or router.
- Switch off your Belkin range extender and wait for 30 seconds. To turn it off, you must unplug it from the power supply.
- Plug the extender back to the supply with the help of a power adapter. Now, you need to restart the computer or laptop.
- Check if you are able to connect to the router now or not.
If the problem still exists, then nothing to worry, try the further troubleshooting tips to eradicate the problem. You will be able to get success after reading these steps. In case of any query or clarification, you can contact Mywifiext support.
Hard resetting of Belkin range extender to bring to default settings:
- Check the range extender LED’s first whether they are blinking or not.
- Look for reset button at the back of your range extender.
- With the help of paperclip or sharp tip device, you need to press the Reset key for at least 30 seconds. After this, release it.
- Restart your router and extender.
- After performing this function, you need to re-configure the range extender again, Open Belkin.com and click to set up the extender with the router. Follow on-screen instructions if you are configuring it for the first time.
Resetting of Belkin extender without a hard key:
- First of all, connect the Belkin range extender to the computer with the help of Ethernet cable.
- Open Belkin range link or directly type 192.168.206.1 on the URL space given.
- Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Utility’. Restore the factory settings to default by pressing on ‘Factory reset’ option.
- After resetting the range extender, you need to restart it to update the changes. Your range extender is now set to default. You have to configure the settings again.
So, we hope all the information given above will help you fix the Belkin range extender problem with the router. If you are still having any query or problem, then feel free to contact at Wi-Fi extender support number or leave a message in the chat box. The technical team will get back to you shortly.