Today, in this post we are going to discuss steps to install D600 for your digital subscriber line type connection. If you also wish to configure this device, then keep reading this post.
What are the requirements for installation?
- A tablet having a proper web browser and internet connection enabled on it. You can use smartphone too to install D6000.
- To get details of your DSL login, you need to contact your internet service provider. They will provide the login details.
We want to mention here that D6000 is a modem which can be installed by using Wi-Fi enabled smartphone. A web browser must be installed on your smartphone to open the link for your wireless modem.
Now, we are going to provide step by step instructions to setup D6000 modem on a DSL connection.
- Not being able to setup D6000 for internet connection.
- Check if the Ethernet cable and DSL cable is properly plugged into the modem port or not.
- First of all, you need to install a filter between the phone and the line.
- Connect the one end of your phone cable to the ADSL port and another to the D6000 ADSL port. You will find this port at the back of your device.
- Turn on the modem by plugging the power adapter into the supply. Connect one end of the adapter to the modem.
- Wait for few seconds till the green light turn solid.
- Connect your smartphone to the D6000 now. You can connect it either wirelessly or through the wire.
For wired connection
To connect using a wired connection, you need to know the username and password of your Wi-Fi network. This can be easily found in hardware. You will find a product label at the bottom of the device.
For wireless connection
The steps for connecting the device to a wireless network are almost the same as that for a wired connection. If you find any problem, you can go to support link.
- Launch a web browser and open Netgear genie setup page by entering routerlogin.com in the space bar. Sometimes this page will automatically open on the screen.
- Enter username and password for your setup. By default, the username and password are ‘Admin’ and password is ‘Password’. You can change at anytime.
- An intelligent configuration wizard may prompt you to seek help for connectivity issue. You are required to select the country and ISP from the list of options.
- Select the preferences and click ‘OK’.
- Wait for a minute until Netgear detect your internet settings and configurations.
- If it fails to detect the settings and connections, then enter the username and password manually.
- Enter the details and submit them on the page. If the credentials are not available to you, you can contact your ISP.
- Wait for some minutes. Your Netgear will save the configuration.
- Once the login details get authenticated, you will find ‘Success’ message on the screen.
- Click on the option which says, ‘Take me to the internet’.
- You can start browsing internet now.
For your benefit, we recommend you to save the current settings of your modem for future use. In case of any doubt or problem, contact customer support.