Want to extend the range of your currently configured network? If yes, then you need an extender. This extender will be configured on the Wi-Fi network so, you must connect it to the existing wireless network. There are two ways to connect the Nighthawk wireless range extender to the network. Today, we are going to discuss the installation guide with respect to Nighthawk wireless extender. We will discuss the steps to configure this device with the help of Netgear Installation assistant.
- Connecting via WPS: WPS stands for Wi-Fi protected setup. With this method, you can connect your extender directly to the network without requiring any username and password. For complete information about it, you can go to the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup link.
- Connecting with Netgear installation assistant: To use this assistant, you need to open a web browser from your PC or smartphone.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps to setup Wireless range extender with the Netgear installation assistant.
- Switch on your extender by connecting it to the power supply.
- Place the Nighthawk extender near to the Wi-Fi router.
- Plug the extender into the electrical socket.
- Wait for some seconds till the power light on it turns green. If you find no power light on the device, then press the power button from the rear of the extender.
- Connect your extender to the computer or smartphone using wireless or Ethernet device.
With Wi-Fi: From your Wi-Fi enabled smartphone or laptop, open connection manager and connect to the Network with name Netgear_Ext. You will find this network name in the list of networks.
Once the extender gets connected to the Wi-Fi enabled computer or device, a client LED will turn white.
With Ethernet: If you want to connect your computer to the extender with Ethernet, then connect one end of this cable to the extender and another end to the computer.
- Open a web browser like Chrome or Firefox on your computer and type www.mywifiext.net.
- You will find a Netgear installation page on the screen.
- Follow on-screen instructions to connect your Netgear extender to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, change the place of your extender from the current position. Place it exactly in the midway between the router and the blackspot area.
- You must ensure that the area where you have placed your extender must be capable of receiving a signal from your router. You can select the right area with the help of status LED engrossed on the extender. If the status LED turns white, then it means the area is getting sufficient signal from the router.
- In case the signal received at the extender is not proper or poor, then you will have to change the direction of the extender. Move the extender close to the router. Check the status LED now. If it is white, then the location is OK.
- Once the connection gets established, you can start connecting the wireless devices to the newly configured Wireless range extender.
This is all about the setup steps. For more information and support, you can go to ‘How to configure Nighthawk extender’ link. A complete information is available on this page.