Today, we are going to discuss quick steps to reset your Linksys range extender to factory default settings. If you are facing any trouble in using your Linksys extender, then it would be better to reset it to default rather than wasting time on troubleshooting with different steps. If you are experiencing any of the below-mentioned problems, then a Factory reset is preferred for this.
- Your connecting kept on breaking intermittently while using the Linksys extender.
- If you are configuring your extender manually after performing reset function on it or if you have recently updated the software of your extender, then you can go for factory default settings.
- Unable to open the web-based setup page of your Linksys wireless range extender.
- If the LED mounted on your extender is not solid or stable even after performing a soft reset.
Important: Before performing a factory reset function, you must create a backup of your device configuration settings because everything will be deleted once you perform a factory reset. To back up your data, you can follow below-mentioned steps:
- Open the setup page of your Linksys extender from a web browser. Here, you need to go to ‘Instructions’ page and select a Backup option. All steps related to backup will be displayed on the screen. In case you find any problem, you can send a query mail to official mail ID.
- Go to the ‘Management’ tab and click on ‘Backup data and configurations’. Save your move. This will create a backup of your extender configurations either on email or on the local machine. It depends on you where you want to create.
Now, we are going to discuss steps to reset your range extender to factory default settings. There are mainly two methods to reset your extender. We are going to discuss both in details with you. You can implement any according to your ease.
- Reset by using the reset button on the device: To reset with a reset button, press and hold the button for at least 7 seconds. This will reset your device. Don’t forget to power cycle the device to finish the reset process.
The reset button is always given on the back side of your device. No matter, which device or model number you are using. You will find the button on the back side only.
- Resetting through internet-based setup page: There are certain steps which you need to follow in the same fashion for resetting the device using the web-based setup page. The steps are:
- Open a web browser on your computer and open the setup page of your Linksys wireless range extender. You need to enter the model number of your extender. Here we are considering model number RE1000.
- Go to the ‘Administration’ page and open ‘Factory default’ option.
- To accomplish the process. Restart your device by removing the power cable from the outlet and connect it back after 20 seconds.
Important: If you have successfully taken backup of your configuration before performing a factory reset function, then you can restore the configurations from the ‘Management’ tab. Click to save settings.