Today, we will walk you through the steps for configuring the Netgear Wn2500rpv2 range extender on your home network. Once you did with the configuration, your extender will start working with the existing wireless network.
Note: When you start configuring your Extender, it is recommended to bring the device and router to the same room to avoid any signal problem. After successful setup of range extender, you can move the extender to the desired location.
Steps for setting up Extender:
- Turn on your extender and wait for LED to turn green.
- From your laptop, search for Netgear SSID and connect to it. Netgear_Ext is the default extender SSID.
Note: You can use either wireless utility or wireless network manager utility on the computer to connect the tablet to the extender wireless network.
- Launch a web browser from the same laptop or computer and you will find the Netgear extender setup screen on the front screen.
- Netgear Genie will start searching for the available wireless network in the nearby location. You will find a list of networks available in your area. Select the name of your existing network and connect to it.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- If you have enabled wireless security in your existing wireless network, then you need to enter the password for the same.
- Enter the key or passphrase to continue setup.
- In case you don’t find any wireless network within the range, then check the main network whether it is within the range of the extender or not.
- If the wireless extender you are going to configure supports 5 GHz band, then it is required to select 5GHz for your existing network router.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Yes, if in case your existing router doesn’t support 5GHz band, then you can click on ‘No my router doesn’t support this band’ option and continue to next step.
Note: If the connection between the router and the extender fails to establish, then you can follow the below mentioned steps to troubleshoot this problem.
- Check the password you have entered for your router.
- Try setup the extender by placing it nearer to the router. If you have enabled MAC access list of the router or MAC filtering is turned on, then you can enter the MAC address of your extender directly.
- Turning on and off also refreshes the network. You can perform the same on all the devices.
- Once the connection between the router and the extender gets established, you will be asked to change the settings of your extender. If you don’t want to change the settings as of now, then you can continue without changing the settings.
- Once done, click Continue to move further.
- Wait for 2 minutes until you find the screen. Your computer will get disconnected from the extender automatically during this time.
- Check all the settings whether these are correct or not.
- Connect to the extender now from your wireless device.
- Once your device or computer gets connected to the extender, you need to go back to the genie screen. Check the option which says ‘My wireless device is connected to the extender network’.
- This is how you can configure the extender on your router. Click ‘Finish’ to end the setup page.
You can now start browsing the internet on multiple devices without any signal strength or connectivity problem.