With Linksys Wireless N range extender you can increase the signal strength of your wireless signal in hard to access areas where the signal strength is limited for the wired and wireless network. If you have bought a new Wireless range extender from Linksys, then here are some steps to manually configure it.
- Before starting the process, you must ensure the below mentioned things. You need to have these things in your hand.
- Wireless Network name.
- Wi-Fi key or network security key.
- Wireless channel.
If you want to change or check the settings of your Wireless range extender, then you need to login to the Linksys cloud account from the login page.
- Reset Linksys extender: For resetting the extender, press and hold the Reset button given on the top of the device. Press for at least 5 seconds. You will notice LED start blinking on the front panel. This will reset to factory default settings.
Steps to configure wireless range extender
- With the help of Ethernet cable, connect your Linksys extender to the computer.
- Switch on the extender by providing power supply to it. You need to use a power adapter for this purpose. Wait till the LED get stable.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address in the URL space given on the top. If you don’t know the IP address of your Linksys extender, you can check it from the guided manual available in the box.
Note: By default, the startup page will be automatically opened on the screen when you launch a web browser. It may prompt you to enter the username and password.
- If prompted for username and password, leave the username field as it is and enter admin in the password field. Click to log in.
- Check wireless settings now from the Wireless network page.
- Toggle the button to ‘Manual’ option for your extender setup.
- Click to enter the Network name.
- Go to the security section of the wireless network. Here you are required to select the type of security you need on your extender.
- Click to save settings.
- For best and optimum performance, we recommend you to use WPA/WPA2 wireless security on range extender.
- Disconnect your Wireless range extender and router from the power supply and wait for 30 seconds.
- Connect router followed by extender to power supply after 30 seconds.
- Wait till lights get stable.
- Your router is now connected to the extender successfully.
Note: To ensure that your Extender is properly connected to the network, you must check the DHCP table of your router. If your extender is available in the list of connected devices, then it means the connection is successful. If you don’t know how to check the list in DHCP table, you can call at extender support.
Extending your network
Besides Range extender, there are other devices also available in the market with the help of which you can extend the signal range and strength. These devices include switches, access points, and wireless bridges. You can select any device out of these based on your requirement. For more information about it, you can take help of your internet browser.