Have you bought Coredy Wi-Fi range extender? If yes, then you must be looking to install it with your home network to extend the range of your Wi-Fi signal. If you haven’t received help from the Coredy service provider, then don’t worry, we will guide you through the process of how to install this Wi-Fi range extender.
Quick Installation Guide:
The following setup is for the repeater mode, so if you are looking to set up the device as a repeater mode, then the below-mentioned steps will help you do that.
- The router needs to be working normally.
- Switch the side button of the repeater into ‘ON’ and ‘Repeater’.
- Make sure that there is an electrical outlet available close to the router.
If you are trying to set up using the internet browser, then you will have to follow below-mentioned steps:
- Plug the extender into an electrical socket, but make sure that it is near to the primary router or wireless access point.
- Make use of your smartphone to connect to the extender. You will be asked to enter a password while trying to make the connection, so you can find the PIN number at the rear panel of the device
- Now, visit ap.setup on your web browser, or just type 192.168.10.1 in the address bar of your web browser.
- You will have to log into the Admin page by entering details in username and password boxes. Enter ‘admin’ in the username and ‘admin’ in the password box. Click ‘repeater wizard’ in the next window.
- Select your Router’s network or AP’s network in the next window followed by selecting it.
- Now, type in the Router’s/AP’s Wi-Fi password in the Security key/Wi-Fi key/password column and then, click on ‘apply’.
- You are going to see the reboot process along with a Bar in the following window. When that bar reaches 100 percent, then you will have to leave the device as it is for a minute to let it reboot.
- Now, open the list of all available networks with the help of your smartphone. You need to find ‘Coredy’.
- Once you’ve found ‘Coredy’, then you need to connect with it using the password that you have set for your primary router/AP.
- If you find the internet to be in a working state, then you will have to unplug your Coredy Wi-Fi extender and plug it halfway between your router and the device on which you wish to use the internet. The internet signal will start coming in the dead zones of your house where there used to no signal in the past.
You can also make use of the WPS function as an alternative set-up method, but you need to have a WPS button on your main router.
Press and hold the WPS button of the main router until the WPS LED begins to blink.
Now, press and hold the WPS button for three seconds on the rear panel.
Once you see the WPS light blinking on the rear panel as well, then wait for a minute so that the main router and Coredy Wireless range extender can pair, and then connect to ‘Coredy’ SSID on your smartphone using the main router’s password.