If you are looking to setup Cisco Linksys re1000 wireless range extender, then you don’t have to rely on anyone. You can go through with the process yourself and set up the device in the right way. Check out how to setup this Wi-Fi range extender in the below-mentioned blog post.
Have you just bought Cisco Linksys re1000 Wi-Fi range extender? If yes, then you must be looking to set it up. If you are not able to find the setup CD or have lost it, then there is no need to worry, we will help you set up this device. Setting up this device won’t take too long, so just follow the information that follows and you will be able to use Wi-Fi extender.
Prerequisites for Cisco Linksys re1000 Wi-Fi range extender:
- You need to have SSID ready.
- You need to have the right password for accessing wireless settings.
- Full information about the wireless channel.
- Reset Wi-Fi extender using ‘reset’ button that you can find on the back or bottom of the device.
Now, you will have to follow the steps for configuring the extender manually:
- You must have received an Ethernet cable with the device, so make use of that Ethernet cable in order to create a connection between the Range Extender WiFi and PC that you are using.
- It’s time to power up your Wi-Fi range extender.
- Now, you need to open your internet browser and then, access Linksys Extender setup page. You will have to use the default address, i.e., http://extender.linksys.com for accessing the setup page of Linksys Wi-Fi extender. If the default address doesn’t work, then you can enter this IP address ‘192.168.1.1’.
- Now, you need to enter the login details when prompted to. Enter correct information because entering wrong information could slow down the process.
- After logging into the setup page successfully, go to ‘wireless settings’ followed by ‘basic wireless settings’.
- Set the configuration to ‘manual’, and then select the option named ‘SSID’.
- It is from the SSID page that you will be able to select wireless settings for your WiFi range extender. Click ‘password’ followed by ‘save settings’ option.
- Finally, you need to unplug the power cables and place the device at a suitable place.
Now, you must be wondering as to what is a suitable place for Wi-Fi extender. Then, a suitable place could be any place where the line of sight of the signal that is coming from the router to the extender. If you place the extender in a crowded place where there are too many electronic devices present, then there is a chance that the signal gets disrupted. The extender is going to work smoothly now that you have installed it. If you come across any issue in any of the aforementioned steps, then you can get in touch with WiFi extender help and support providers. They will be able to assist you with the setup process.