The market is flooded with wireless range extenders of different brands. There are dozens of brands available on the market today from which a person can choose the Wifi range extender of his/her choice.
One of the most popular brands that are available is Tenda. WiFi extenders of this brand are deemed fast and reliable. The signal range is spectacular and there is hardly any issue that one would find in Tenda extenders.
Today we are not here to discuss issues, but we are going to discuss the process of setting up Tenda N300 range extender. So, if you own this extender and looking to set it up for the very first time, then you don’t have to wander online. Just follow the steps that are given here in this blog post, and you will be able to setup this device in the right way.
Steps to setup Tenda N300 wireless range extender:
- Before you begin with the setting up process, you will have to make sure that the position of the router should be within a close proximity of the closest access point, a point where you will get the strongest signal. If you don’t know how to find that point, then you can take help of an expert who knows how to locate the point where the signal strength of the access point is the strongest.
- Here I’m assuming that you have found that spot where you want to place the router. So, you will have to connect to the extender by scanning for SSID ‘Tenda_XXX’. You are going to see it after you scan for the available wireless networks on your devices. The term ‘XXX’ here is a number that you will find written right next to the SSID.
- Connect the device now, and navigate to ‘192.168.0.1’ on your web browser. You are going to see Tenda login screen, where you will have to enter values in username and password boxes. So, enter ‘admin’ in the username box and ‘admin’ in the password box.
- After entering the values, you will have to click on ‘advanced settings’ which is given on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on ‘wireless’ followed by ‘wireless security’, and then select the password for ‘TENDA_XXX’.
- It’s time for you to log off, so don’t worry, as you will be able to connect your device again to ‘TENDA_XXX’.
- You need to click on ‘advanced settings’ now, and once you are logged onto the range extender WiFi admin page, then you need to enter ‘192.168.0.1’ into the address bar of the web browser in order to get to the admin page if you are not able to get redirected automatically.
- Click your wireless range extender followed by selecting ‘WISP’.
- Click on the open scan and then, search for ‘acceleritWireless’ with the lowest number that is related to it under ‘signal strength’.
- Click ‘connect’ and with that, the process is completed. You are going to be redirected to the Tenda extender login screen after the router gets rebooted.