The problem of intermittent wireless connection will certainly not be admired by the users who fully depend on a good internet connection to get their job done. But, the intermittent wireless connection is an in fact a common problem especially when we talk about Wi-Fi Range Extenders. But, there is no need to worry when you see this error because this error can be fixed by following a few steps. So, it’s time to go through those steps without any further delay.
- The first thing that you will have to make sure is that the Wi-Fi range extender is properly connected to the power adapter that is given along with the extender and into the live power outlet.
- Make sure that the extender is within the Wi-Fi range of the router and the client device that is connected to the wireless range extender’s network.
- Now, you will have to open the GUI of the extender by going to www.mywifiext.net.
- If you are asked to enter the email address and password, then you will have to enter it. Now, you must be wondering as to what the email ID and password could be, so it is the same email and password that you have used while setting up for extender account. If you are asked for a username and password, then you will have to enter ‘admin’ in the username block and ‘password’ in the password field. If you are not able to log into your account, then maybe you have changed your password. So, enter the password that you have created in order to get into the account.
- You need to check if range extender Wifi has got the most recent firmware or not. If not, then you will have to upgrade the firmware because old firmware can cause issues.
- If there is a new firmware available, then you will get an alert for the same at the top of the Wi-Fi range extender GUI. Click on that alert in order to update the firmware.
- You can also click on ‘Device Update’ page. For that click ‘check’ to confirm in case a new firmware update is available. If you are able to find the new firmware, then proceed to update the firmware.
- Once the updating of firmware process gets complete, you need to reset the Wi-Fi range extender by using a pointed object to the reset hole of the device for about half a minute. Once the extender has reset itself, you need to wait until the Wi-Fi range extender boots itself in the right way.
- Connect the device now either through a wireless network or wired one.
- It’s time to reconfigure the Wi-Fi extender again. You can get in touch with the manufacturer of your extender to get the right installation and reconfiguration details.
This was the entire process of fixing the problem of intermittent connection. If you are able to successfully eradicate the problem, then that’s great, but if not, then log onto http://mywifiext.net, as you will get all the details regarding this issue on this website.