Configuring a TP-Link wireless range extender should not be much of an issue on most occasions, but sometimes, things do get stuck, thus causing a huge inconvenience to the people. Let us discuss the solutions to the problems that arise at the time of configuring a wireless range extender in this blog post.
Configuring a TP-Link wireless range extender shouldn’t be a problem, but if the wiring has not been done properly, then this small task could become the main source of frustration for you. Today, we will discuss the issue that people face while configuring TP-Link Wi-Fi range extender. If you own a wireless range extender of this brand, then this blog post would be a great help to you.
If you are trying to connect to the router directly, then you will not be able to access range extender’s management page by using the official TP-Link range extender page, i.e., www.tplinkrepeater.net.
Here is how you can resolve the issue. I want you to read below-mentioned steps carefully in order to resolve the problem.
Solution No. 1:
Managing the extender using TP-Link Tether:
- You can download the TP-Link Tether app from both major app stores, i.e., Apple App Store or Google Play Store. This means the app works for Android as well as iOS devices.
- The next step is to enable TP-Link Tether followed by finding the range extender in the list of devices.
- Click the Wi-Fi range extender and then, you will be able to easily manage it. Go to www mywifiext net login for more information about managing a wireless range extender.
Solution No. 2:
There are two options that you need to follow in this solution, which is as follows:
If the name of the main router is different from Wi-Fi network name, then you will have to connect your device to the extended Wi-Fi. When you do so, go visit www.tplinkrepeater.net page.
If the name of both, Wi-Fi network and router is same, then you can access management page by plugging in an Ethernet cable or by using the LAN IP of the wireless range extender. Check out more about this by visiting http www.mywifiext.net.
- By plugging in an Ethernet cable: You will have to turn off the Wi-Fi connection on your PC followed by connecting the PC to Wi-Fi range extender with the help of Ethernet cable. Then, try www.tplinkrepeater.net.
- By LAN IP: For this, you will have to go to router’s DCHP client list. On the list, you are going to find the current IP of your Wi-Fi range extender, which you will have to enter into the address bar of your PC’s web browser. In case, you find any issue, then you can take help from experts who know how to fix issues arising in range extender WiFi.
It is important for you to understand that the process of configuring a wireless range extender is not similar to how to set up WiFi, so you need to take this above-mentioned process seriously.