Are you using Tenda N300 Wi-Fi range extender? If yes, then I would like to ask you whether you have set up the device yet or not. If not, then you may probably want to know the exact steps for setting up this device.
There are a few steps that you need to perform in the exact same way in which they are mentioned in the post below. It is hard to experience any kind of issue while performing the steps, but in case you do, then you can take help of range extender wifi help and support providers.
Without any further ado, let us now discuss the steps:
- Before you set up the Tenda wireless range extender, you need to make sure that the extender is placed in the close proximity of the access point. An access point is a place where you usually receive the strongest wireless signal in the premises, which could be an office or an apartment. This is also the place where the installer would place the router. Also, keep in mind that this process is not as easy as the process of how to set up WiFi, so pay a little extra attention towards the below-mentioned steps.
- I have assumed that you have placed the extender at the right spot, so now, you will have to connect to the extender by scanning for SSID, which will be something like this ‘Tenda_XXX’. You are going to see this after you scan for the available wireless network on your device. You will see a three digit number in place of ‘XXX’, so don’t get confused.
- Open your web browser now and enter ‘192.168.0.1’. You are going to see the Tenda login screen, where you will have to enter details in username and password fields. In the username field, enter ‘admin’ and the same needs to be entered into the password field.
- Enter into your Tenda extender account and click on ‘advanced settings’, which is given on the top right corner of the screen.
- Under ‘advanced settings’, there will be an option named ‘wireless’, which you have to click. Then, click on ‘wireless security’ and select the password for ‘TENDA_XXX’.
- You will get logged off now, so it’s time that you should connect your device to ‘TENDA_XXX’ again.
- If you have logged on to your wireless range extender admin page, it’s time to click on ‘advanced settings’. You need to enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your web browser in order to access the admin page. This should only be done in case you are not automatically redirected to the admin page. If you come across any problem, then go to http www.mywifiext.net to find a solution to any issue arising in your wireless range extender.
- Click your wireless range extender followed by choosing ‘WISP’.
- Click on the open scan and find your router with the lowest number attached to it under the option named ‘signal strength’.
- Now, we are on the final step, so click on ‘connect’ and you will see that the extender has begun the rebooting process, so wait until the router reboots. When it does, you can check if the internet is working or not by opening www mywifiext net login page.