Did you know that your range extender can be configured using the WPS button? If no, then that is, in fact, possible, and today, we will be digging deep into that aspect. So, keep reading the post to find answers to all the questions related to the configuration of Wi-Fi range extender via WPS button.
We will provide you answers to two questions related to configuring of the range extender via WPS button. These questions are:
- Why is it so difficult to connect the Range Extender WiFi product to the router using WPS button?
- Why is it not possible to connect both bands, i.e., 2.4G and 5G simultaneously when you can easily connect to each of these bands at a time?
Let us first discuss how to configure Wi-Fi range extender via WPS button:
1. You need to start off with plugging the range extender into the power outlet, which is in the close proximity of your router or AP.
2. The next step is to push the WPS button on the router/AP followed by pushing the WPS button on the Wi-Fi range extender.
It is important for you to note that once you have pushed the WPS button on the router/AP, then you have to push the same button on the Wi-Fi range extender within two minutes. Pushing the button after two minutes will not do any good for you. So, timing is very important in this step. This process is a bit complicated than how to set up a WiFi, so you need to pay attention towards it.
You are also going to see the WPS LED blinking after you push the WPS button on the Router/AP. If the LED doesn’t blink, then you need to push the button again. Keep doing it until the LED blinks. The same needs to be done for the Wi-Fi Range extender as well because you need to see that LED blinking in order to ensure that the WPS function is working in the right way.
3. The whole WPS process is going to last two minutes. So, you need to wait for two minutes followed by checking the wireless signal LED to the Wi-Fi range extender. It doesn’t matter what color you see or how many signal bars are there on the device. If you have pushed the WPS button on both devices in the way in which it has been mentioned above, then you are not likely to face any issue in connecting your Range Extender to the router/AP.
4. If you see the wireless signal LED turning off after two minutes, then the WPS process has failed. You will have to try one or more of the above-mentioned steps of WPS operation one or more times to make this process work. You can go to www mywifiext net login and see if your range extender is properly setup or not.
5. Finally, you can place the Wi-Fi Range extender in a place where you wish to extend the coverage of the wireless signal. There is no need to repeat the above-mentioned process because when you plug in the range extender, then it is going to connect automatically.
What to do when you are not able to connect your Range Extender to the Router using WPS button?
Well, there are many reasons that could affect the WPS process, so in case, you come across any issue, then you can log onto http www.mywifiext.net.
What to do when you can’t connect your dual-band range extender to 2.4G or 5G Wi-Fi of the dual-band router using WPS button simultaneously when the same could happen when connecting one band at a time.
This problem is not caused by the dual-band Wi-Fi Range Extender, but the dual-band Router/AP. There are some dual-band router/AP devices that only permit range extender to connect to a single frequency band by pushing the WPS button.