Are you trying to connect the Apple router to the Wireless range extender but couldn’t perform the action? If yes, then follow the below-mentioned steps discussed in this guide and try to establish the connection again.
- If you are going to connect the extender to the device, then we recommend you to use the Ethernet cable for the web interface. This cable is included in the package. You just need to connect the one end to the extender and other to the Ethernet port of your computer. This has been proven the best way to gain the internet access via device. If your computer supports wireless connection, then don’t forget to disconnect all the device from it while establishing a connection between the computer and the Wi-Fi extender.
- If your computer supports only wireless network, then open the network sharing menu and check the list of available wireless networks. You will find your router with SSID name on the list. If you are using the Netgear, then the complete Netgear extender setup is available on the official page. You can follow on-screen instructions. You may be prompted to enter the password for your device. Search for the same at the back of your device.
- After successful connection from your extender. Open the browser on your Apple PC and enter the router URL in the address space.
Note: In case the login attempt with the extender URL has been unsuccessful, you need to clear the data from the page and clear the IP address from the address space. Change the IP address and check if the problem is resolved or not.
- If you are able to login to the extender setup successfully, then a new window will appear on the screen which prompts you to enter username and password. Both by default are ‘Admin’.
- Now read the instructions on the screen and perform the next action accordingly. For any support, you can go to www.mywifiext.net.
- Go to web management page and select ‘Next’ from the middle section of the page.
- You are required to select your location.
- Select the wireless network from the list of networks.
Note: If you don’t find the SSID of your router in the list, then it means the name is hidden or disabled intentionally. In such case, you need to select the SSID and Mac manually.
- Enter the password of your wireless network on the next page.
- From the same page, you need to copy the AP of your extender and paste it into a place which says, use the same name for broadcasting over the wireless network. If you have changed the settings from automatic to manual, then customize according to your requirement.
- Press ‘Next’.
- Check the settings before submitting them to the page and tap ‘Finish’.
After the successful completion of settings, your wireless extender will reboot itself so as to apply the new settings. Wait for 2 minutes till the process gets completed.
You will find the following indication for successful linking.
- The RE light and the Wi-Fi signal lights will turn on.
- You can now check the Range Extender and the main router connected to the same internet.