You might come across with the connection issue even when you have successfully configured your TP link router on your wireless network. This is normal and there is no need to create a panic. You can troubleshoot this problem by applying the simple fixes to it. Today, we are going to discuss the possible steps to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi extender connection problem. After implementing these steps, you don’t find any need to call at service provider number.
The steps to troubleshoot the problem are:
- Check whether the wireless network at home is obtaining the IP address automatically or not. It must obtain the IP as well as DNS automatically. If you don’t know about this or the addresses are not obtained automatically, then you need to wireless range extender official page. You will find complete details related to your device on this page. Enter the model number of your device and get quick instructions for most common problems.
- Press the windows key along with R alphabet on the keyboard. This will open the command window. Type ‘Cmd’ in the space given and press enter. After opening the window, you need to type ipconfig in the space provided and press enter again.
If you are getting any IP address on the front screen, then change it by typing ipconfig-renew’ in the command box. You will get a new address on the screen. In case, the IP address doesn’t get renewed, you have to check the DHCP function of the router. It must be enabled in order to fetch a new IP address for the network. To enable the DHCP settings, you need to open the TP-link official site. If you are using the Netgear router, then go to Netgear extender setup link from the computer or laptop browser.
- Open the management page of your router from the web browser by a sign into the tplinkwifi.net page. Here, you will be required to enter the username and password of your router. The default password and username for any router is an admin. If you have not changed it earlier, then enter admin in both the fields.
- Go to ‘WAN’ part from the left-hand side of the page. Check if IP address is given in the list or not. If you find the IP address on the list, then it means the router is installed on the network. If no connection is established, you can call your internet service provider.
- If the IP address is available, then try sending the ping to a public IP address. If you find any problem, then renew the IP address. Try browsing the webpage now. If you are still facing the problem, then change the DNS server settings. Go to ‘DHCP’ page and enter 18.104.22.168 in the primary and 4.4 in the secondary address and click ‘Save’.
- Restart the router after saving the changes.
Try accessing the internet now. If you are still facing any problem, you can go to www.mywifiext.net page from your browser.