Wireless range extenders are used to repeat and enhance the signal strength of a network so that it can be receipted properly on every device. You can access internet on multiple devices from hard to reach area. You need to setup Wi-Fi extender first on the network, then only you will be able to use your Linksys wireless extender.
Before starting with the configuration, you must know the below mentioned details of your router:
- The wireless name also called as SSID.
- Channel name
- Password or secure key for your network.
You can change the aforementioned settings of your router any time by just visiting the router manufacturer link. You can take help from official router IP address even.
- Reset your Wireless range extender: To reset the range extender, click the ‘Reset’ button from the top of the device. Press and hold the button for at least 5 seconds. You will find LED start blinking which notifies you of factory default settings.
- Connect the range extender to the computer with the help of Ethernet cable. You need to connect one end of Ethernet cable to router end and another end to computer Ethernet port.
- You will find your extender details displayed on the computer screen. If the product image doesn’t match with the device, you need to check the device from the list of devices. If you are using Linksys extender, then setup will be opened on the screen and if you using Netgear router, then the Netgear extender setup page will be opened on the screen.
- Connect the extender to the power supply with the help of power adapter.
- Open the browser on the computer and go to range extender IP address. If you don’t know the IP address of your range extender, then check it from the back side of your device.
- You are now required to enter the default username and password for the extender.
- Enter admin in the password field and leave the username box blank. Click ‘Login’.
- Now, go to wireless settings and click on ‘Manual’ option and enter the SSID.
- You will be directed to the wireless security section. Here, enter the passkey of your choice and save it for future.
- Now disconnect the router and the extender from the power supply by removing the power cords for 10 seconds. Connect them again to the power supply.
- Wait for few seconds till the lights get stable.
Quick Tip: If you want to check whether the extender is properly configured or not, open the DHCP table of the router and check if your device is listed there or not. You can also ping your extender from the computer. If you don’t know the process to check the device, then you can go to www.mywifiext.net link.
How to expand the network: Apart from extenders, there are some other devices also available in the market which will help you in extending the network signal to a distance. If you want to get a complete list of such devices, then you can visit the link available on our support page. You can select the product according to your need and requirement.