A typical router has the capability to reach every corner of your house with the wireless network but if you have a larger home, then your router may not cover the whole home properly. You may notice dead spots in a home where you won’t be able to receive the signal of your wireless range extender.
Today, we are going to let you know about some tips and tricks related to Wi-Fi extender setup which will help you in getting the best signal strength even at a dead spot in your home.
- Placement: Placement plays a key role in extender signal strength. So, if you are getting a poor signal from your router, then be ready to change the place of your router from where it is currently placed. First check the dead zones and AC outlets at home, then connect the extender in the midway between the router and the desired place where you are short of the signal.
- Hide and seek: If you find that the location where you want to install your extender doesn’t have the power socket nearer to it, then the best way is to connect the extender with the AC extension cord. You can place the Wi-Fi extender on the top of a shelf or on the Almira.
- Upstairs and downstairs: If you have a multi-story house and want to get best signal strength on all the floors, then all the points must be considered before configuring the Netgear extender setup or any other company extender. The obstructions like a wall, extra height, wood and steel must be taken into account. The best way to place the extender in such cases is; place the router and extender one above the other.
- In the way: You must consider the objects like mirror and walls which are coming in between the extender and the router. If you have placed a TV next to the router, then it will squeeze the signal strength and affect the working of your wireless network. All the devices like TV, microwave, refrigerators and a cordless phone that emit the electromagnetic radiations must be placed at the farther location from the router.
- What will be the name: While configuring the extender with the router, you will be asked whether to change the name or password of your network or not. It is recommended to use the same login credentials to log in to the router. If you are facing the signal overlapping issue, then the best thing you can try is; change the name and password of your extender.
- App Assistance: When you buy an extender, a setup software comes with it. You can run this software to install the extender at home. In case you are not having the software, you can install the stand-alone app from the internet. For any support, you can call us at our Wi-Fi support number.
- Go Mesh: If after installing the range extender at home, you are still having a dead zone that is not fixed through extender, then the best thing you can try is using Mesh Networking kit. These devices are meant to cover the long distance for Wi-Fi signal. It comprises of the router and more than two extenders. For any query related to this, you can visit www.mywifiext.net link.