Wi-Fi extender has now become the important part of wireless networks as it boosts the signal strength and provides longer distance connectivity to wireless networks. The extender as the name suggests is basically employed with the wireless network to Boost and enhance the reception quality of the network.
If you have recently purchased a Netgear range extender and want to configure it, then follow the steps discussed in this post. You will be able to configure it on your own after reading the simple and easy steps.
Netgear is a compatible device which can be easily connected with the help of a cable. For best performance, you must place the extender in the center of your house. For more help and set up related issues, you can visit www.mywifiext.net page. The setup process is same for almost all models of Netgear. It includes AC2200, AC1900 and AC1200.
Now, the steps to configure the Range extender are discussed below.
Read all the steps carefully before performing them on your device.
- Unpack your device and connect your range extender to the power supply with the help of an adapter.
- Now, switch on your laptop and search for the wireless icon in the taskbar tray.
- You will find your new device with the new network name. It can be like Netgear.ext, Netgear etc.
- Click on the particular name and try connecting to it. Once connected, open main browser from your laptop.
- Now open the Netgear extender setup link by entering the URL in the space provided. You will find the URL for setup at the back of your range extender.
- Click on ‘Setup new extender’. You will be redirected to the registration page where you need to enter some details like email address and password. After this, your account will be created.
- Now, you will be asked be select the type of usage for your extender. Click on ‘Wireless range extender’. You can use it for another purpose as well.
- Now, your range extender will start searching for the internet. You need to select your router SSID. Click ‘Next’ to process further. If you find any problem, you can contact at Wi-Fi range support number.
- Enter the password of your network router followed by Next. You need to enter the password only once. The router password will remain same here.
- Once connected, you can change the name of your range extender and pass-key for the same. Apply the changed settings by clicking on ‘Save’ option.
- Now, the settings will get configured. You need to restart all the devices and place the router in the open location. This will improve the signal strength and quality.
- Congrats, you are good to go now. Your extender is fully configured now. You can start using it on wireless devices. You can connect a number of devices with it.
If you are getting any problem, then first reset your extender and then try again. If the problem still persists, then call your range extender manufacturer for manual setup. On-screen instructions are also available on the range extender home page. You can follow from there as well.