Today, We will walk through the steps to configure WN3500RP Wi-Fi extender on our network. Once the device gets configured on the network, you will be able to use the enhanced range of the network.
It is recommended to bring the extender and router closer to each other. Once the device gets connected, you can move it to any desired location without any problem.
Steps to setup range extender:
- Turn on your extender and wait for few minutes till the LED turns green.
- Switch on the computer and connect it to the SSID of the wireless network. If you have not changed the name of your router, then you will find Netgear_EXT.
- Open the browser and you will find the setup guide of your Netgear extender on the screen.
- It will start searching for the available networks which are within the range. Select the particular name from the list you want to extend and tap ‘Continue’.
- If you have set up a security password for your wireless network, then you will be prompted to enter the same.
- Enter the key and click on ‘Continue’.
In case you find that the network is not available on the list, then move the device closer to the network and try again.
- If you are using a 5 GHz band supported router, then check mark the box, where the 5 GHz option is written or displayed on the screen. Click on ‘My router doesn’t support 5 GHz’.
- In case you fail to establish the connection between the router and the wireless range extender, you need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- Check the passphrase or the password you have saved on the network device.
- Try to bring both the devices closer to each other.
- If you are having Mac address on the list, then add the Mac address manually on the extender.
- Turn off all the devices and turn it on again.
- After the connection gets established, you can change the settings of your wireless extender. If you don’t want to change them, then you can keep them as it is and click on ‘Continue’ to finish the Netgear extender setup.
- You need to wait for 2 minutes. After this, you will find the screen on the computer which reminds you of the disconnected network from the extender. Check the settings and ensure that they are correctly entered.
- Now, connect the wireless extender to any wireless laptop or device.
- Once you find that the devices are successfully connected to the network, click on the option which says, ‘My device is connected to the network extender’.
- If you are getting step 12 on your range extender then it means that the extender is successfully configured. You just need to click on ‘Finish’ to end the setup.
Apart from this, if you find that the wireless extender is already installed and you are still getting the problem, then you can either follow the below-mentioned steps or go to www.mywifiext.net page.
- The security settings of your wireless router might have been changed. Under such conditions, you need to re-install the extender with new security settings.
- When you install a new router, you will be required to reconfigure the new router.
- If the wireless router capability is turned off, then check the device and turn it on.
- In case of power failure, you need to restart the devices.