Things like proper settings, placement and reducing the interference within the router and the Wi-Fi range extender will help you in fixing the wireless and connection problem of your Wi-Fi extender.
Now we are going to discuss the steps to get rid of this problem:
- Check the name of the network: If you are a user of Mywifiext, then a number of networks will be available on its screen with different SSID. If you don’t know your SSID, then your modem name is available at the back of its hardware. You can easily find it from there and connect your extender to that SSID.
The strength and the signal of your wireless router depend on the location of it where you have placed inside the home. If it is kept in open, then you will get the proper signal strength on the other hand if you have placed it in a congested area, then the signal strength will get affected. It is important to mention that your modem comes with 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies. If you want proper coverage, then select 2.5 GHz band from it.
If you want to change the name of your network, then you can do so easily by calling the support provider or read the manual of your router given along with the box.
- Check the location of the modem: It is important for you to understand that neither modem nor extender should be placed on an electronic device because the electromagnetic fields and the heat generated by the electronic device might affect the signal strength and can even damage the router.
- Low signal strength and high interface: You will not be able to complete the www mywifiext net setup or run it properly if the strength of the signal is poor or not proper. You must place the modem and the extender 1 feet away from other wireless devices otherwise the EM interference will keep on affecting the signal strength.
- Restart the computer: Switch off the computer and turn it on again. Sometimes restarting the computer will clear the speed issues and all the background processes will be stopped after restarting the computer.
- Check Peer-to-peer sharing: Any uploading and downloading of files using the Peer-to-peer software may affect the connection. If you are downloading the files using mywifiext net login, then close the programs like UTorrent, LimeWire and check it again.
- Reset the router: If you are running the network devices for a long time, then it is recommended to reset the router. This will help you in fixing the problem of connection.
Steps to reset the modem are:
- Turn off the computer.
- Press the power button given at the back of the modem and remove the cable from it.
- Wait for 20 seconds and turn on the modem and computer again.
Steps for resetting the Wi-Fi extender:
- Disconnect the power cord of your Wi-Fi extender and wait for next 30 seconds.
- Connect the power cords again into the extender and turn it on.
- Check for spyware: It is a type of program that collects the information related to the connection without your knowledge and keep on harming the computer. It can even slow down the processing of your computer. It is therefore recommended to scan for spyware in the computer and clean it as early as possible.