Are you using or recently owned a Netgear product at home? If yes, then we are going to provide the instructions on how to configure the Netgear Wi-Fi range extender wirelessly. Once you successfully connect to the Access point, you will be able to obtain a valid IP address.
Some of the users are facing problem in connecting their Netgear Wi-Fi extender to the network through manual setup. If you are among the one who is facing the problem, then continue reading this guide. We are going to share the troubleshooting steps with you.
Steps to connect the Netgear Wi-Fi extender manually:
- If you are using Mywifiext. having Ethernet port, then follow the steps mentioned here as follows
- You need to first login to the official page of wifi extender from your computer browser. Go to www.mywifiext.net and click ‘Enter’. The login page will be opened on the screen.
- Log in to the account using login name and password. Here the login name implies the username of your Wi-Fi extender.
- By default, the username for your wifi extender is admin and the password for it is password. If you find any problem in the log into the account, then you can go to www mywifiext net setup support page.
- It must be noted that the password and the username of your extender are case sensitive. So you must enter them carefully. Otherwise, this may create a problem in opening the settings.
After successful login to the account, you need to go to ‘Setup’ option followed by ‘Wireless settings’.
- Go to ‘security’ options and check the Password of your network key. If you find that there is some mismatch between the AP password and the Network password, then change it according to the one which is already entered.
- Click to apply the changes. The mywifiext net login password and AP password should be same in order to connect to the network.
- Now connect your router to the wifi devices using the password or the WPS button given at the back of your device. You can also follow the manual path to connect to the wifi device.
If you are using a Netgear Extender which is not having an Ethernet port, then the steps are mentioned here as under:
- First of all, reset the Netgear wifi extender to the default settings. For this, you need to click the Factory settings button given on the side panel of your device. Press and hold the button for 7 seconds.
- Connect the wireless network to the Wifi extender with the help of Wifi device.
- Login to the webpage with the Netgear wifi extender credentials. You need to login to www.mywifiext.net page.
- Now, enter the login name and password in the next fields. The username and password by default are admin and password.
- Read on-screen instructions to setup the connection using Access point setup configurations.
- Connect the Netgear wifi extender to the wifi device using the WPS button.
Apart from this, if you are having any problem, then do call us at our given helpline number. We provide support for all types of Netgear extenders which are used at home or at the office.