Here, we are going to introduce the steps to enhance the range of your Wi-Fi extender. The process is almost same for all the devices but with some difference. If you find a problem in configuring the extender, then you can take support from the official page of the wireless range extender.
The steps to setup the Range extender are here as follows:
- Connect the Range extender to the power socket which is available near to the Router.
- Press the WPS button on your router first, then press the WPS button on your Range Extender. You need to keep this thing in mind that after pressing the WPS button on your router, press the button of your range extender within 2 minutes otherwise the connection will not get established.
- Once the WPS button of both the devices gets pressed, you will notice LED blinking on the router. If you find that no LED has flashed during this process, then repeat the same steps. If you are using the RE product, then the same steps will be implemented. You will notice the same LED blinking on your wireless range extender.
- The process of WPS on your router will last for 2 minutes. You need to wait for 2 minutes. Now, check the wireless signal LED on your router and on your wireless extender. You will find this LED blinking if the signal strength is increased.
- If the wireless range extender LED is still off, then it means the process is not successfully completed or the Netgear extender setup is not properly configured. Repeat the above-mentioned steps again on your router and on your extender. If the problem still persists, then call the router manufacturers or extender support providers.
- Last but not the least is to place the Range extender at the right place. It must be placed at the place where you want to enhance the signal strength. Once the setup gets completed, you don’t need to configure the range extender again and again. Simply switch on the devices and start enjoying high-speed internet at home.
Now, we are going to discuss another problem which some of the users have reported on their RE product. They said that they are getting the problem in connecting the product to the router.
There are certain factors which may disturb the WPS process. For more details, you can go to www.mywifiext.net page or enter the query directly in the search field. If you want to read the on-screen instructions for your particular router, then you can follow the link.
Part B: At some point of time, you may come across with the problem of connecting the Dual band product to both the bands. You are able to connect to the 2.5 GHz and 5 GHz band individually but getting the problem in connecting to both bands simultaneously.
We want to mention here that this problem generally occurs due to the problem in Dual band extender but not in the dual-band router. There are some routers available in the market which allows the user to connect to one band at a time with single WPS push button.
So, if you are facing any problem, then read the instructions on our link or go to support page and dial our toll-free number.