Netgear router is the most widely used router in the world because of its fast and efficient performance and great reliability. But, problems can surface on this reputed router. People are facing connectivity issues in Netgear router, which should be resolved as soon as possible. In this post, we will be addressing this issue and try to be as specific as possible.
Facing connectivity issues in Netgear router is not a new thing, as many people face such issues from time to time. If you too are facing this issue, then you should not worry at all, as there is a way by which you can bring back the functioning of the Netgear router to its original state. Today, we will share some steps that can help you get rid of the connectivity issues in Netgear router. So, pay a close attention to the steps below.
1. The first thing that you have to do is contact your ISP or internet service provider in order to verify whether your device is activated or not. In case you have never activated your Netgear range extender WiFi, then you must activate it using the self-activation process of your ISP.
2. The second step is to check the power levels of the cable that connects to your Netgear router. You have to check whether or not there are issues such as slow speeds or intermittent connections because such issues can cause disruptions in the connectivity. Moreover, the cable line has to have sufficient power levels. If they aren’t, then you must make contact with your internet service provider. The problem could be in the cable, so your ISP will either repair or replace the faulty cable. You should also check the extender website, which is www mywifiext net login for checking the status of your Netgear router.
3. If there are any splitters connected between the cable and Netgear router, then you will have to remove those. Reason being, splitters downgrades the signal quality of the cable, thus causing unwanted elements to add into the signal.
4. You will also have to check the firmware version of your Netgear router. You need to have the latest firmware version and in case, you don’t have the latest version, then you should get it by contacting your Internet service provider.
5. The last step is to power cycle the network you’re hooked up to. I can say from my past experiences that power cycling the network can resolve a wide range of issues between routers and cable modems. So, you must power cycle your network because it might work for you as well.
The problem is going to get resolved within these five steps, but in case, it doesn’t then, you have no other option, but to take help from experts. You will have to log onto http www.mywifiext.net to find out the right way of fixing this problem.
If you are able to fix this problem but are facing another issue, for example, how to set up wifi, even then, you can take help of experts.