When you are using Netgear Wi-Fi range extender and trying to visit mywifiext.net, then you shouldn’t face any problem. But, in case you are facing any problem, then you should get in touch with experts and try to find a proper solution for it.
Are you using Netgear WN3000RP? If yes, then are you able to see this version on mywifiext.net? If not, then you should follow below-mentioned steps to access Netgear WN3000RP www.mywifiext.net.
1. The first thing that you have to see is that there is a green light present on the extender after you plug it into the wall power outlet. You will have to understand that this process is not similar to Netgear extender setup, so take it differently.
2. Then, you will have to go to ‘http://192.168.1.250’. You should only open this address when http://www.mywifiext.net doesn’t work.
3. If you are able to use the Wi-Fi range extender, then that’s great, but if not, then you will have to insert a LAN cable into the LAN port, which is given at the bottom of the extender followed by connecting the other end of the cable to the router. With this, you will be able to access the extender via http://192.168.1.250.
4. Now, you will have to configure the repeater:
- Select the Wi-Fi that you wish to extend.
- Enter the password for that Wi-Fi network followed by keeping the security policies same as before.
- If you were looking to use the SSID ending with _EXT, then please refrain from using it. You will have to remove _EXT in order to avoid your Wi-Fi devices from adding another SSID.
5. You are going to see ‘page not found’ written on the web browser after you hit ‘finish’, but guess what! It is absolutely normal to see that. The repeater makes use of DHCP and is going to get a new random IP address for itself.
6. Remove LAN cable now and take out the wireless range extender from the wall power outlet for a few seconds.
7. Plug the WiFi extender back into the wall outlet and you will be able to use the internet just like old ways.
You just have to take care of one thing that after you configure the repeater, you won’t be able to use it with the address that I mentioned above, i.e., http://192.168.1.250. You will have to leave it to the repeater because the repeater uses a DHCP, which means, it will automatically picks up a new IP address every time you turn it on. In case, you want to use the interface of your repeater again, then you will have to take a look at the IP from the list of devices that are attached to the network and are also present in the interface of the router.
If you come across any issue, then you can take help of experts in order to find out as to why your extender is not working despite performing all the steps in the right way. They will be able to assist you in the most precise manner because they are fully-aware of such issues.