Have you bought Netgear extender recently? If yes, then here is how you can setup Netgear extender and configure it with your PC. The process is simple and can be done by following below-mentioned steps.
A number of people are using Netgear extender to improve the frequency of their internet. The main role of an extender is to increase the length of the internet connectivity. Netgear range extender is used by the majority of the people because it is a highly reliable machine that offers great functionality and reliable performance.
You can easily setup Range Extender wifi by making use of www mywifiextnet net login link. In this blog post, we are going to discuss the setup process only, so pay a close attention to this blog post.
- Take the device out of the box and plug it into the power outlet. Now, turn on the device.
- So, your range extender is turned on now, and it’s time to go to your computer where you will have to open taskbar. You will see ‘Wi-Fi’ icon there, which you will have to click.
- You are going to come across many networks including a new network that will be named as ‘Netgear.ext’.
- Click on ‘Netgear.ext’ and try to connect with it. You will have to open your web browser when you are connected. It could be any web browser, as each one of those works fine with it.
- You will have to enter ‘mywifiext.net’ in the address bar and hit ‘enter’. It is going to take you to the Netgear configuration portal.
- Now, you will have to click on ‘New Extender Setup’, as you will have to register your extender with Netgear. You will do it by taking help of your email. So, create an account.
- You will now be asked about how you wish to use your extender in the next portal to which, you will have to select ‘WiFi Range extender’.
- It is now going to search for Network and will also provide you with a list of wireless networks. You will have to select your main router network name followed by clicking ‘next’.
- You will now have to enter the password for your existing network, also known as the main router wireless password. Once entered, click on ‘next’. If you can’t access www.mywifiext.net.
- If you want to change the name of the network and/or password for Netgear extender, then you can do that on the next page. Once done, click ‘Next’.
- Doing this will apply all settings and you are going to see all the new information about that extender on your computer screen.
- After all the settings have been properly saved, you will have to restart the devices and place the Wi-Fi extender within a range of the main router. You must provide a clear line of sight so that the signal could hit the extender without any obstruction. This is the process of how to set up Wifi at home or office using an extender.
With this, the setup process of your Netgear extender has been completed. Now, you can use it with any device of your choice. If you come across any issue, then you can take help of an expert. But first, you should reset the Netgear extender and try to set it up again.