In case, you are not able to access www.mywifiext.net, then you should follow the steps to troubleshoot internet problems that have arrived on your PC. Let us discuss some effective ways to get rid of this problem.
What did you do when you received an error message after accessing www.mywifiext.net to setup your WiFi Extender? If you have turned off the website, then that’s not how you fix the problems. If you are not able to connect to that site, then you must keep in mind that that website is not like any other website that you open on a daily basis. This is a local address, which is going to open the settings of a Netgear wireless range extender. Therefore, it is important for you to be able to connect your computer to the internet via Ethernet or Wi-Fi in order to access that web address.
You are going to see following messages if your PC is not connected to the internet.
1. Firefox: The message you will see is ‘Server not found. Firefox can’t find the server at www.mywifiext.net’.
2. Microsoft Edge: ‘You are not connected to a network’ or ‘Page can’t be displayed’.
3. Safari: ‘Can’t find server’.
4. Google Chrome: ‘Unable to connect to the internet. The webpage can’t be displayed because your PC isn’t connected to the internet’.
Now, you are fully aware of the error messages that would appear if the PC is not connected to the internet. This will also cause www.mywifiext.net to not work in a proper manner.
Here is how you can troubleshoot issues connecting to www.mywifiext.net:
- You need to bring that range extender nearby wireless router.
- Just bring it extender close to the router until the setup is taking place. After that, you can move the range extender to the desired location.
- You also have to make sure that Netgear wireless range extender is properly plugged into a power source. LED lights will glow if the extender receives power.
- If the extender has a device to extender LED or PC to extender LED, then make sure that it is lit. If you see no light on that LED, then you will have to unplug both ends of Ethernet cable, which connect your range extender to the device and then, plug it in again.
- Enter the default IP address of the extender, which is ‘192.168.1.250’.
- Reset your web browser if you are not able to access your wireless range extender.
- If the issue doesn’t get resolved, then you need to try using a different web browser.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect your PC to wireless range extender.
- Assign your PC a static IP address. If you don’t know what it is, then take help of experts.
- If you are still not able to access your extender, then you have no other option but to get in touch with experts and seek their assistance regarding this issue.
The process of Netgear extender setup is quite easy, but if you come across issues in any of the steps, then you should immediately take help of experts because nobody can help you in a better way than experts.